When using a custom Master Page within SharePoint 2010 you may
experience the following issue when creating site columns.
This error is caused by incorrect syntax within the master page
itself. To reproduce this issue, do the following.
1. Edit your custom Master Page
2. Locate the following section:
3. Cut the selected lines so the code now looks like this:
4. You can now check-in and publish your Master Page
5. Open a document library
6. Click the "Library" tab from the ribbon bar
7. Now select "Create Column"
8. Complete the values as required
9. Now when you click the "OK" button you should raise the
10. If you also try to delete a column it will error also with
the standard SharePoint Yellow error screen
Check out more interesting blogs by Liam Cleary by clicking here>>
Why not keep up to date with his amazing work by joining our community or by
following us on twitter or facebook!