SharePoint 2010 Development For Dummies Ch.1
A much-needed guide that shows you how to leverage SharePoint
tools without writing a line of code!
The great news about SharePoint is…you don't need to be a
seasoned .NET developer to develop custom functions for it. This
book shows you how to use SharePoint Designer, Report Builder,
Dashboard Designer, InfoPath, Excel, Word, Visio, and the
SharePoint web-based UI to design and develop-without ever writing
a line of code! Learn how to customize your site, build SharePoint
apps, start social networking, or add Web parts. This
straightforward guide makes everything easier.
- Introduces you to SharePoint 2010 components and features, and
how you can use them in development
- Explains useful development tools, including document
libraries, lists, basic workflows, Excel, Visio, Visual Studio,
InfoPath, and Word
- Shows how to tap the tools of business users and analysts, such
as SharePoint Designer, Report Builder, and Dashboard Designer
- Also covers topics for more experienced programmers, including
SharePoint Object Model (OM), SharePoint Web Services, SharePoint
Framework, and Web Part development
Learn how to extend the functionality of the top enterprise
portal and collaboration technology on the market withSharePoint
2010 Development For Dummies.
This FREE eBook contains excerpts from
Chapter 1 "Understanding the SharePoint Hype"
.After completing this chapter, you will be able to
- Understand what the big deal is about SharePoint
- Explore the benefits of SharePoint development
- Discover the pieces that go into the SharePoint
About the Author:
Ken Withee is a consultant specializing in
Microsoft SharePoint and Business Intelligence. A Microsoft
Certified Technology Specialist, he is also the author of Microsoft
Business Intelligence For Dummies and a coauthor of Professional
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.oup.