Download this exclusive chapter from Xamarin.Forms Projects, by Daniel Hindrikes and Johan Karlsson, and learn how to build a chat app with real-time communication. To do this, you need a backend. Create a backend that can scale up to handle a large number of users but also scale down when the number of users is reduced. To build that backend, use a serverless architecture based on services in Microsoft Azure.
The following topics will be covered in this chapter:
- Creating a SignalR service in Microsoft Azure
- Using Azure functions as an API
- Scheduling jobs with Azure functions
- Using blob storage to store photos
- Using Azure Cognitive Services to scan photos for adult content
Download the excerpt above or purchase the full eBook here.Log In to Download Now