This FREE eBook contains excerpts from Chapter 1 Product Kickoff from the book ‘SharePoint 2010 for Project Management 2nd Edition’.
SharePoint 2010 for Project Management 2nd Edition: If you were to analyze your team’s performance on a typical project, you’d be surprised how much time is wasted on non-productive tasks. This hands-on guide shows you how to work more efficiently by organizing and managing projects with SharePoint 2010. You’ll learn how to build a Project Management Information System (PMIS), customized to your project, that can effectively coordinate communication and collaboration among team members.
Written by a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Microsoft SharePoint MVP with 15 years of IT project management experience, each chapter includes step-by-step guides as well as workshops that help you practice what you learn.
* Build a SharePoint PMIS that requires little assistance from your IT/IS department
* Define access permissions for project stakeholders and team members
* Centralize project artifacts and keep track of document history with version control
* Track project schedules, control changes, and manage project risks
* Automate project reporting and use web parts to generate on-demand status reports
* Integrate project management tools such as Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* Apply your knowledge of PMIS techniques by working with a case study throughout the book
About the Author:Dux Raymond Sy discusses Product Kickoff
Dux Raymond Sy: With more than 15 years of experience in Information Technology, Dux Raymond Sy has earned a reputation as among the leading experts in leveraging technology to enhance project management. He is currently a managing partner of Innovative-E, Inc.
As a thought leader in maximizing project team collaboration, he is focused on empowering organizations on how to leverage the benefits of collaborative tools with quantifiable goals such as: Increasing productivity and efficiency, decreasing collaboration redundancies and streamlining electronic communications.
A sought-after trainer, he has developed and facilitated management and technology training to government organizations, Fortune 500 companies, non-profit institutions in the United States, Bahamas, Barbados, China, the United Kingdom, and the Philippines and regulary writes about project management, SharePoint and globalization at http://www.meetdux.com.
View Dux Raymond Sy’s full profile page.Log In to Download Now