A large international customer decided to move into Microsoft Office 365. Their challenge is to migrate 3000+ users, 1100 applications and 100 Tb of file share data located in 50 locations and data centres across Europe. With this migration all data centres must be replaced by a central data centre in The Netherlands using Office 365 and Azure within months. And we did it! A challenging project and a perfect showcase to demonstrate the do’s and don’ts when migrating to the several components of Office 365, i.e. Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business at the speed of light.
In this session we will demonstrate how we:
– Analysed the on-premises installations
– Cleaned up the obsolete users and data
– Prepared the Office 365-tenant to host 3000 users and over 30 domains
– Set-up the AD FS-infrastructure in Windows Azure
– Migrated 3000 users, their mail domains and aliases
– Migrated the file shares to OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online
– Migrated the applications to SharePoint Online and Azure
– The PowerShell workarounds we used to fix several incompatibility issues between Office 365 and the on-premises installations…and what not to do.