With more and more organisations embracing BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) we have to deliver SharePoint solutions that work on user’s devices, whatever and wherever they are. Gone are the days when we can tell our user which browser version they must use – they may not even have a PC! This is increasingly the way that users are going to consume and update our SharePoint and Office 365 data and we need to address it.
In this session we’ll look at techniques for delivering our SharePoint sites to various client devices, and in particular at Responsive Web Design.
- We’ll look at CSS frameworks like Twitter Bootstrap and other toolsets that do a lot of the hard work for us and can get us up and running quickly with great modern looking sites that work smoothly across different devices.
- We’ll look at the many options for cross-platform development, but Apache Cordova (formerly known as PhoneGap) and in particular the Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova is a great solution if you want to build apps for a range of platforms, particularly for mobile devices.
- I’ll also show some tips, tricks and traps that will save you hours of frustration when it comes to getting your apps published.
In this tutorial you will learn:
1. Mobile development options, frameworks and strategies.
2. Build a mobile solution as part of this hands-on workshop – bring your laptop and your phone(s)!
3. Chase the “write once run everywhere” unicorn and build for Windows, Windows Phone, Android, and iOS.