Welcome to the ESPC21 Online Networking Guide
We recognize the importance of building community connections as part of the conference experience, we know how much you miss meeting familiar faces and making new connections at our In Person events. We miss meeting you all face to face too!
As a delegate at ESPC21 Online you may connect with other Microsoft 365 & Azure professionals from around the world to learn, connect and be inspired.
We have complied this helpful guide to enable you to network efficiently and grow your community at ESPC21 Online.
How to Network
Join the conversation and connect globally. Discover how you can find answers, support and inspiration from our world class speakers and other ESPC community members.
👩💼 Build your Profile
- Login to Whova and complete your profile.
- You may edit your profile to share as much information as you like.
📅 Come Prepared!
- Block out time on your work calendar to immerse yourself in ESPC21 Online. Let your team know you will be offline so that you may maximize your experience and fully engage with the sessions.
- Plan your schedule so you know exactly what sessions you want to attend and what questions you would like answered during each session.
- Be sure to use the ‘Add to my Agenda’ feature to put the session on your own personal agenda and set a reminder.
- Engage in discussion groups – share your opinion! Or start up a group yourself.
- Click on the relevant icon to add ESPC21 Online to your calendar now
❓ Live Polls and Q&A Sessions
- All sessions will feature live polls and Q&A sessions with attendees and session speaker/s. Be sure to come prepared with the questions you want answered.
- Interact with speakers and fellow attendees via the session chat feature. Use this feature to enjoy knowledge sharing and exchange ideas with fellow attendees.
🧑🤝🧑 Attendee List
- Scroll through the Attendee list to find fellow attendees that match your interests and take the opportunity to reconnect with old friends. Via the Attendee List, you can bookmark individual’s you want to contact, message them directly or exchange contact information.
🧑🤝🧑 Attendee Matchmaking
- Be sure to check out Whova’s Attendee Matchmaking feature which will suggest an attendee to meet based on shared professional backgrounds, locations and interests.
💬 Communicate with Fellow Delegates
- Text chat and video chat are a great way to make new connections and begin valuable conversations. Message individuals directly via the messaging function or enjoy 1:1 video calls with fellow attendees
- Remember to keep an eye on your messages so you can promptly reply to anyone who reaches out and keep the conversation going.
👩🏫 Share your Experiences!
- Each time you connect with someone new, ask them what their key takeaway from today’s session or their top tip was.
- Listen to your peers to discover new ideas or new ways of doing things through connecting with likeminded individuals.
📱 Dual Screen Experience
🌏 Community Area
- Be sure to check out the ‘Community Area’ under ‘Community’ to engage with fellow attendees, enjoy fun games and win prizes!
Always a delegate favorite at our in person conference, we are delighted to bring back the Whova leaderboard for you all to enjoy.
- View a list of challenges and earn a certain amount of points by completing challenges
- Those with the most points will be ranked on the Leaderboard for all event app users to admire
🧏♂️ Social Media
- Remember to follow all the action and be part of the conversation through the event on Twitter using #ESPC21
- Morning Yoga sessions: You are invited to begin each excellent day of learning and inspiration with a short energizing yoga practice. Join each morning via the Agenda page from 09.15. We hope you enjoy
- Afternoon Mediation breaks: To help recharge and refresh your mind during each jam packed conference day, please enjoy the short guided meditations with Sinead. Join a meditation session each afternoon via the Agenda from 16.00.
🔊 Meet Ups and Discussion Topics
- View the ‘Community’ tab from the side menu to see a list of ever-growing social groups and discussion boards.
- Find groups that interest you and contribute.
- Why not create your own discussion group on a topic of interest.
- You may also click “Follow” on your favorite discussion groups to stay up to date
👥 Network Tables
- All Access and Pro Pass ticket holders are invited to participate in our Networking Tables on June 1 and 2 at 13.00 & 15.10
- Network Tables are a brilliant way to meet and engage with peers in small groups, face to face even though it’s over a virtual platform.
- Participating in a Network Tables makes networking simple and exciting in the online experience, allowing you to meet other attendees, engage with your peers and enjoy a seamless networking experience.
To take part:
- Click on ‘Network Tables’ on the Agenda at the relevant time.
- Next click ‘Grab a seat’
- You will be randomly assigned to a virtual table where you will meet 3 other attendees.
- Introduce yourself to your fellow attendees and get to know each other.
- After 5 mins you will be reassigned to a new table.
*If you are a Community Pass holder and would like to participate in the Networking Tables you may upgrade your ticket here
- Visit exhibitors’ booths to learn more about their product or service offering.
- Schedule 1:1 calls with their expert personnel or gather insight by downloading Product & Service information available at their booth.
- Be sure to check them out as many sponsors are offering some excellent prizes!
- Be sure to check out the Demo Track to learn how our sponsors’ industry leading solutions can help you and your teams achieve more with Microsoft 365 & Azure. And don’t forget, you will be entered into a separate prize draw for each Demo you attend
Tip for Introverts
Not sure how to start up a conversation? Why not try out some of our feeder questions:
- What was your favourite session today?
- What was your key takeaway today?
- What keynote are you most looking forward to?
- What session are you most looking forward to?
- What’s your top tip for X?
- Where are you from?
- What industry are you working in?
- What project are you currently working on?
- Is this your first ESPC?
- Any weekend plans?
- What’s your favourite book/singer?
- Whats your favourite meal to cook?
- What’s your favourite beer?