In this blog, we will create an app catalog site in SharePoint Online in 3 simple steps.
What is App catalog?
- As a SharePoint or global admin in Microsoft 365, you can create an App Catalog site to make internally developed custom apps (say SPFx) available for users to install when they browse apps under the From Your Organization filter on the Site Contents page.
- The App Catalog is a site with the purpose of making apps (internally developed or third-party) available for users to install.
Steps to Create an App Catalog Site
Step 1 Go to your SharePoint Admin Center –> On the left navigation select More Features –> Scroll down and select Open under App,
Figure 1 – SharePoint Admin CenterStep 2 Select the “App Catalog” on the app catalog page,
Figure 2 – Select App CatalogStep 3 Select manually create a new app catalog site as shown below, and fill in the title, web address, and administrator,
Figure 3.2 – Fill in the required details Hooray, your app catalog site is ready to use,
Figure 4 – A new Site Collection
Remove an app from the App Catalog
- On the App Catalog site, select the Apps for SharePoint list.
- Right-click the app that you want to remove, and select Delete.
- In the dialog, to confirm that you want to send the item to the site Recycle Bin, select OK.
About the Author:
R, R. (2021). Create An App Catalog Site In SharePoint Online. Available at: https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/blogs/create-an-app-catalog-site-in-sharepoint-online [Accessed: 7th September 2021].