Configuration management is the management of the configuration of all environments for an application. Both Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and configuration as code fall under configuration management, and both relate to defining or scripting for environments:
• IaC– entails defining environments, including networks, servers, and other compute resources, as a text file (script or definition) that is checked into version control and used as the base source for creating or updating those environments.
• CaC–In this approach, you define the configuration of your servers, code, and other resources as a text file (script or definition) that is checked into version control and used as the base source for creating or updating those configurations.
Don’t miss this year’s IaC sessions at ESPC21 Online: Empower your Azure IaC with Bicep! and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) like a Boss – With Terraform.
Benefits of Attending this Session:
- Attendees will learn how they can provision and manage the lifecycle of a virtual machine (VM) in Microsoft Azure.
- Attendees will learn how to manage different services and resources such as availability sets, auto-scaling policies, Azure Container Service, Azure DNS, Azure Function Apps, Azure load balancers, disks, and network interfaces using a variety of methods.
- This session details where these two concepts intersect and how DevOps practitioners use each in Azure.