SharePoint over it’s lifetime has been deemed an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platform, one of the most important things about ECMs is the document lifecycle including records management. In this presentation we will look at the capabilities in SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online for ECM. With references to Bruce Miller’s book “Managing records with SharePoint” we will look at the core capabilities required for any enterprise when it comes to managing records and how SharePoint stacks up against them. We will look at the following high level areas that are required of any ECM:
– File Plan Structure
– Rules Based Record Keeping
– Formal Disposition
– Non Recoverable Disposition
– Email Integration
– Legal Holds from a SharePoint standpoint we will look at how Records Centres can meet the above requirements out of the box and where it falls short.
We will look at:
– Records Center Capabilities
– In Place Records Management
– Content Organisers and Drop off Libraries
– Information Management Policies, we will bring in references to standards from across the globe including ISO 16175, ISO 15489, HIPPA and MoReq 2010.
Benefits of Attending this Session:
- Understand the ECM features of SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online
- Understand if our records management requirements are met out of the box with SharePoint
- Understand Records Management features and how they are implemented in SharePoint