Microsoft SharePoint has proven itself to be much more than a fad. It was first introduced in 2001 and now it is benefiting businesses across a wide range of industries as a Documents Management System.
Are you sick and tired of your current document management system? I mean are your files getting overwritten or you are unable to collaborate across departments, finding a file feels like looking for something forever or the worst of all, your server gets crashed again? Well, you aren’t just alone! Document management tools can go out of date at any point in time. For that smashing your computer every now and then is not a good idea.
Microsoft Sharepoint is a crucial part of Office 365, you can get rid of all the headaches of your current Documents Management System (DMS). However, I am not saying that your employees aren’t productive or efficient enough but if implemented correctly, SharePoint’s Documents Management System can work wonders like never before. It offers services like:
- Storing and organizing documents will be blazing fast
- Finding the right file or template will be as simple as searching Google
- Collaboration can actually happen, anytime, from anywhere, on desktop or mobile.
- Multiple users will be able to edit a file at the same time.
- Workflows will be seamless.
- Documents Management
- User Permissions: Unauthorized file access will be a thing of the past.
- Data can be pulled in from other software used by your company.
- Managing document metadata will be a breeze.
- Compliance through records management won’t be intrusive.
Benefits of Using Sharepoint as an Intranet Solution
Encourages collaboration – Even most Sharepoint development companies emphasize on this point where it enables professionals to connect with each other effectively via a central portal. Moreover, this works out at its best for organizations having remote workers. There was a time when teams working on special projects or sectors of business were cut off from seeing additional information about the company. And this wasn’t a mere coincidence, it was done intentionally so that crucial information is not leaked just like that.
Promotes employee mobility and remote access – Today, an ever-increasing number of associations are seen embracing a remote working environment culture. What’s more, with organizations embracing a versatile workplace, it turns out to be progressively significant for representatives to approach business content, any place and at any time. By using Sharepoint Mobile and SharePoint Online, your device can be utilized to get to organization information from anyplace on the planet. This additionally implies open, audit and altering archives become simple more than ever.
Employees can make informed decisions – Another intriguing advantage offered by Sharepoint is you can make live, interactive portals that display business data from various sources. The created data can appear on dashboards, scorecards, and so forth. Besides, SharePoint’s Centralized Report Center permits clients a solitary spot to see this information.
Tasks can be prioritized easily- As the point infers, starting now and into the foreseeable future by utilizing Sharepoint you will have the option to make individual and team task lists. Once completed, you can without much of a stretch integrate with various tools such as Outlook and Project Professional.
Delivers a consistent and streamlined user experience – Are you frustrated thinking you may need to experience such a large number of steps to make one thing done? Notwithstanding, this isn’t an issue with Sharepoint. As it is totally incorporated with the work area applications and email/Web programs that you are as of now utilizing. The tech clearly gives you a predictable client experience that disentangles how individuals connect with substance, procedures, and business information.
Here’s The Catch.
However, these benefits only happen if you properly implement Sharepoint and integrate it with other company systems. SharePoint can be tricky to set up in a way that works seamlessly for your specific organization. It doesn’t come that way out of the box.
Now the question is how?
Like I said previously, Microsoft Sharepoint offers a wide scope of favourable circumstances as a Documents Management System, for example creating an interface for executives to utilize Sharepoint as a central management hub. It may quite interest you to know that it comprises of core functionalities like:
- Sites – Being one of the most dominant, productive, site advancement innovation, Sharepoint enables you to make dynamic sites (not just static, read site pages) for explicit groups, for a whole division or organization, or for general society. One of the greater parts of SharePoint’s functionalities is conveyed to a business through a progression of intranet locales, with a particular hierarchical order.
- Communities – By utilizing proper Sharepoint advancement administrations, one can without much of a stretch incorporate, an intently sew network of benefactors, permitting groups, or other staff, to refresh, remark, alter, make as well as offer records/reports over a group, division, or endeavor.
- Content – This tech, in particular, operates in conjunction with cloud storage and cloud computing systems, allowing an enterprise to securely upload crucial business documents and/or files into the central hub (SharePoint system), while specifically allowing certain documents to be uploaded, or the entirety of the documents/files created by specific personnel. For instance, in being integrated with Microsoft Office, local files created on local workstations can be automatically uploaded into the SharePoint system, allowing for immediate organizational collaboration.
- Insights – Here contents and collaborator workflows associated with a large pool of business data do not give any actionable insights to data scientists and executives. What’s more, here is when Sharepoint comes to play, it permits a consistent mix of business knowledge and information investigation applications with the center framework so as to permit the information related with the SharePoint framework to be utilized in a manner that can give administrators new techniques and business operational strategies.
- Composites – This feature, in particular, allows businesses to customize modules and create add – ons without the need to write a single code. In order to allow additional functions suitable such as an enterprise’s specific needs, such as a composite allowing specific workflows and operations/projects to be created and managed in a certain way, and/or an add-on giving executives the ability to generate specific reports based on the analysis of specific business data-sets.
Want to learn more about Documents Management System? Check out Proven Ways to Use SharePoint for Enterprise Document Management
About the Author
Charles Richard possesses over 10 years of experience in the business analysis profession. He also enjoys mentoring BA professionals, and his well-rounded knowledge base in engineering concepts provides an easy way to make non-technical people understand basic theories. Currently, he works at TatvaSoft UK a leading SharePoint development company based in London.
Please visit https://www.tatvasoft.co.uk to know more about his company.